Saturday, September 28, 2019

Impeachment Bricks


"And then the sun took a step back, 
the leaves lulled themselves to sleep and Autumn was awakened."

~Raquel Franco

I took this photo on February 17th, of this year, but haven't posted it before now. I am not sure why, it's a gorgeous bird, and I was happy enough with how the photo turned out, but I just never made the effort to share it. That was a shame, I think, that bird made it through cold dark days, and it seemed really beautiful. It had an absolute right to be seen and photographed, it was doing it's part for the earth. Keeping it's promises. And what was I doing? Moping around, feeling exhausted and uninspired. Self inflicted. As the Trump impeachment bricks begin to fall, I am realizing how much energy, time, and emotion I willingly gave to a man who deserved none of it. I let myself fall into a waking depression, and wrote the script for allowing myself to wallow in it, under the guise of, there was no way to feel better until autumn came back. Which was some actual bullshit if ever there was some! Well, I am going to try my best to change things, work a little harder at moving forward with eyes fixed on the time when all this bullshit stops. Who knows, maybe when autumn says goodnight for another year, I won't just stop living again.Who knows what I have missed while it wasn't autumn? What a ridiculous waste of time.

#6 Leaf Of The Day
September 28th 2019
Cull Canyon, California
9/21/2019
Nikon


Mood: Encouraged
~Me


 

No comments: