Thursday, November 08, 2018

October Roses/ November Assholes

"The softened light, the veiling haze
The calm repose of autumn days
Steal gently o'er the troubled breast
Soothing life's weary cares to rest."

~Phoebe A. Holder 
A Song Of October
The Queriers Magazine
October 1890



The last 24 hours should have been somewhat relaxing. We, my fellow democrats and I, should have been able to rest, because of the wonderful news of the Congress being won back by the Democratic party, but as I compose this post, Alan and I are planning on possibly attending a peaceful protest over the sudden, but not unexpected firing of Jeff Sessions! I never thought I would protest that in a milli on years, but with Tuesday's loss to the Democrats, Trump has further fallen, or jumped, down a rabbit hole and further into insanity! Dangerous times. Truly scary, and these times are doing nothing for the agoraphobia I have been fighting. I know, I know, why would I put myself at a protest, if I am afraid to leave the house, well, it feels a little like zip-lining, when you are scared to death of heights. Sometimes you just have to hang on tight and pray, to face your fears! And besides... it's about doing the right thing,whether it scares me or not! Fuck ME!

But for right now, before any decisions are made,
 I just want to enjoy the beauty of these October roses I found last week. Aren't they absolutely beautiful? 

October is such and agreeable month.
November only brings assholes.


And Now...

#48 Leaf Of The Day
November 8th 2018
Photographed October 29th 2018
Stockton, California





~Mood: Quiet
~Me 


No comments: