Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Where Memories Gather

"Stop looking at the walls, look out the window."

~Karl Pilington
The Ricky Gervais Show
Seasons 1-3 

Okay, so I began removing some of my photographs off the sidebar. I might take even more of them down, because as my pal Jeff once advised, the sidebar was "too cluttered and would have a more impressive look to it, if it wasn't so busy." He was right, but I had such fond memories of all the photos I had posted there, that it was difficult to take them down. I wanted to hold onto each and every moment and memory, that I had created in the Bay Area!

 When I began blogging on Ellipsis, I had designed my blog for myself, and not for those who may visit. There is some logic to that, in that there is no real way to know who has come by, or how many consistent readers I have on a weekly basis, so I decorated the blog, as I would my home! But in the last few months, as I pondered whether or not I needed cease my blogging all together, I began to see how a new outlook on the blog might be just what I needed to inspire me pick the camera back up, and look for the unseen or overlooked!

So, the collections in this post, are a last look back, at the photographs that graced my sidebar from 2006 until now. They all mean a lot to me, but I have a new folder for them, and it feels good to start looking for the reality I am in right now, as opposed to the life I had in Berkeley. In 2015, life picked me up, twirled me around in a shit storm, and threw me hard into the Central Valley, and into the city of Stockton, where I landed with a HARD THUD! It was difficult to come to terms with those facts, but I've been lucky to have had Alan by my side, as we dealt with it together. I'm so lucky, and so blessed to have people who care about me, and who give me strength.  

But revamping Ellipsis, is another necessary step toward moving forward! We have decorated our home, one room at a time, and with each coat of paint, or one more carefully chosen painting, or rug, or toss pillow, home becomes a little more HOME. Decorating a new place takes time, and in a weird way, the house will guide you with lighting, and natural sounds, until it all comes together in your imagination. As that process nears completion, I am finally coming out of that three year fog I was in, and accepting that it all goes together, even my blog, because it is a part of my creative reality, even if no one reads my blog or sees my photographs.

Ellipsis is a place for my memories to gather.
And it's time to make new ones!

 

Autumn trips. Time spent in Golden Gate Park. Sunsets from the Berkeley Hills. My rose garden. My beautiful Golden Gate Bridge. I love looking back on those days, even as I plan new trips and new photo opportunities. 

I'm excited!

#11 Leaf Of The Day
October 2nd 2018
Ione, California



~Mood: Excited
~Me :)

 

No comments: