Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Only Thing You Have To Fear Is Donald Trump Himself

"I enjoy the spring more than autumn now.
 One does, I think, as one gets older."

~Virginia Woolf 
Jacob's Room

My whole life I've heard and read, what a melancholy season autumn is! But it has never felt that way to me. I've always thought that, of all the seasons, autumn is the only one with a sense of humor! It's death reminding you, with the ultimate "joke's on you" prank, of turning all the leaves on the trees into beautiful colors, of red, gold, orange, mustard, and sometimes purple, that shine in such vibrancy, that death is the furthest thing on your mind! 

But, rather than a joke, or a set time to be melancholy time, maybe autumn is more like a yellow signal light. The message is a simple one, it's time to slow down. It's time to reconsider how fast you and your life are going. I don't see the melancholy in that. Even as the seasons of autumn and winter converge, I don't feel the sadness others do, not as long as I can find autumn leaves fighting off the skeleton trees that winter causes. But actually, if truth be told, I don't feel depressed in winter either. 

Winter has ice ghosts. Shadows that sometimes scare me more than any shadow I've seen in the last days before Halloween.Winter is black and white, and therefore it makes me search for the color, and it's that feeling of a treasure hunt that sends me out into the cold of life, determined to live. I refuse to give up. I push back. I have pushed back so hard on some years, that I was able to take pictures of autumn leaves, still on trees in March, because I was determined to search for them! The leaves were literally sharing a tree with the cheeriest of spring blossoms, and I would have never seen them, if I hadn't pushed through! 

We aren't going to get out of life alive.
 And there is no easy way out, it just is what it is.
So I'm going to grab my camera and enjoy the scavenger hunt. 
And pretend Donald Trump doesn't get us all prematurely killed.

Well, this post just took a seasonal turn... didn't it?

I went and did it again!
I dwelled on my biggest fear!
The scariest thing since
 Frankenstein
 Michael Myers and Dracula combined!

Boo! And Boo!

 "Don't Boo... VOTE!"
~President Barack Obama
(A real president)

 #25 Leaf Of The Day
October 16th, 2018
Stockton, California


~Mood: Happy/Not Happy/Happy/It's Complicated
~Me
 

No comments: