Sunday, October 21, 2018

Autumn Of Life

"Falling autumn leaves gave air an amber hue
 as thought seen through a jar of honey."

~Paula Wall
The Rock Orchard

The last couple years, or so, I have been photographing the not so perfect leaves I come across, as well as the stunning, newly fallen ones. The older, decaying ones lived an honest life too, right? Well, why shouldn't the have their day of recognition for having lived and life of harvest beauty, just because I hadn't arrived in time to see them in their full color beauty? They seem like a wise old friend to me now. Someone who had lead a life, and had stories to tell. I don't know, maybe it's because I am sailing off into my own season of autumn, and the honest feeling of wanting to still be recognized for the colors of me I can share. How did the middle of autumn come so fast? And how will it leave me this year? It all remains to be seen I suppose, I don't want to write that book before it's time. I just want to dance in my leaves and plan next autumn, and pray I will be lucky enjoy to put my dancing shoes on again!

#31 Leaf Of The Day
October 21st 2018
Photographed October 14th, 2018
Sacramento, California

   
~Mood: Quiet
~Me


 

No comments: