Sunday, December 18, 2016

Late Autumn Sunsets, And The Moon

"Tell me the story... about how the sun loved the moon so much that she died every night... just to let him breathe... ."

~Hanako Ishii

This is the last sunset photo I plan to take of autumn 2016, and what a stunning sunset it was! The view from Grizzly Peak, in the Berkeley hills, is always breathtaking, but in autumn and winter it is especially gorgeous! I am hoping I will be able to get back up to the peak before the end of the year... yikes... less than a couple weeks from now, and perhaps do some more photos, but I am not sure it will be possible! Some along the coast would be great as well, we will just have to see. Time, weather, and Fibromyalgia permitting, I will be in all my favorite haunts, snapping photos! I know it does my soul so much good to get out with the camera. I step out of a reality filled to the brim with fear and doubt, and step into a reality of endless hope and beauty! 

And look at the amazing moon
 that rose just a little later in the evening! 

Black And White

Original Shade

 "Many solemn nights
Blond moon, we stand and marvel
Sleeping our noons away"

Basho Matsuo
Japanese Haiku

"The autumn leaves blew over the moonlit pavement in such a way as to make the girl who was moving there seem fixed to a sliding walk, letting the motion of the wind and the leaves carry her forward. The trees overhead made a great sound of letting down their dry rain."

~Ray Bradbury 
Fahrenheit 451

Leaf Of The Day
December 18th 2016


Mood: Happy

~Me :)
 


No comments: