Friday, November 18, 2016

Three Seasons Away

"It was a beautiful bright autumn day, 
with air like cider and a shy so blue you could drown in it."

~Diana Gabaldon
Outlander

Sometimes, when I see a part of California that I have never been to before, I wonder about how it all must have been before it was developed to death. Progress is a good thing, but seeing a beautiful hillside filled with colorful trees, or an untouched stream just flowing along, with every color possible framing the banks, I just feel alive and happy, almost like I am a part of the land itself! My trip to Yosemite last week had a true and profound affect on me. I want to see it in all the seasons now, but I just know that seeing it in autumn will always feel like I am coming home, because that was the season I was in when I saw it the first for the first time! 

Next autumn seems like a very long time away.
And it is I suppose.
I always wonder if I will make it to see one more autumn.
I sure hope I do.
But one never knows what life has in store us. 
Next autumn is 3 seasons away.

 Leaf Of The Day
November 18th 2016

Mood: Quiet

~Me  

No comments: