Saturday, December 20, 2014

He Was My Forever Friend

"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
 and the winds long to play with your hair."

~Khalil Gibran
The Prophet

"Close your eyes and turn your face into the wind."

Feel it sweep along your skin in an invisible ocean of exultation.

Suddenly, you know you are alive."

~Vera Nazarian
The Perpetual Calendar Of Inspiration


This is the last full day of autumn, and out of all the last few months, it was those windy days of October and late November I remember the most fondly. The sound of the leaves rolling across the yard, reminded me of my cat Elvis. He loved to play in the crunchy leaves of an old poplar tree we used to have. Oh my, the sound of him crunching those leaves, especially when he was outside late at night, was such a fun sound to me. He would stomp along for what seemed like forever.  He was so happy. And I remember how he seemed to enjoy the sound the wind chimes when they swayed in the breeze. Elvis was such a fun cat. He liked the smell of flowers, and he liked sounds and textures. I miss him... a lot. He was always by my side in the yard when I did my photos, and he became a big part of my autumn inspiration. He passed away in 2008, and you would think I would have gotten over him by now, but not a day goes by that I don't think of him. He was a beautiful cat, and a very kind soul, and fun to play with in autumn... or in any season really.

He was my forever friend.


"Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,
Run on the top of the disheveled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like a flame."

~W. B. Yeats
The Land Of Heart's Desire

Leaf Of The Day
Mood: Happy

~Me :)


No comments: