Monday, June 16, 2014

"Keep Your Feet On The Ground, And Keep Reaching For The Stars."



"Despite all the technical improvements, it still boils down to a man or a woman and a microphone, playing music, sharing stories, talking about issues... communicating with an audience."

~Casey Kasem

When I was a kid I never missed American Top 40, co-founded and hosted by Casey Kasem. Music has the ability to heal, and Mr. Kasem's voice was the perfect accompaniment. His voice had a soothing and understanding quality to it. It was the kind of voice you wished your dad had. Casey had the best voice. I will miss him, but I am grateful for all the times he made me smile. Casey Kasem began hosting American Top 40 in July of 1970, and the top song at the time was...

Mama Told Me Not To Come
By Three Dog Night



In addition to American Top 40, Casey Kasem provided the voice of Shaggy in the Scooby Doo cartoons. I just had to post one. I kinda had a crush on Shaggy. Yeah, I knew it was a cartoon, but I definitely went for the shaggy type! LOL. Must love dogs... check! Must be nice... check! Must admit he gets scared too... check. Must be slightly messy... check! LOL.

Goodnight Casey, and Thank You!

Mood: Quiet

~Me :)

No comments: