Saturday, August 10, 2013

Round Robin Challenge: Listen To This



"Be a good listener. Your ears will never get you into trouble."

~Frank Tyger

RRC: Listen To This

There is so much unwanted noise in any given day. Fire trucks. Loud, thumpy cars blaring thumpy music. Dogs that bark incessantly. But when one is able to choose the noise that brings happiness to the heart, isn't it amazing? Here are my very favorite noisy moments, mostly from this past year, and one surprisingly quiet moment that allowed me to hear my own thoughts... which is a different kind of noise come to find out. LOL.

Listen To The: Waves Splashing Behind A Fairly Fast Moving Eco Boat On San Francisco Bay...



Listen To The Sound Of The: Small, Gentle Waves At The Edge Of A Cliff In Point Montara...



Listen To The Sound Of: Water In A Fast Moving Brook, Oakhurst, California (1993)



Listen To The Sound Of The: Water Fountain, Fillmore Center, San Francisco, July 2013



Listen To The Sound Of: Rustling Autumn Leaves, Cull Canyon, November 21st, 2012



Listen To The Music: Local Artist, Playing His Piano On A Cliff In Half Moon Bay, California, February, 2013

 

Listen To The Sounds Of: Airplanes, Taking Off And Landing Safely, SFO, As Seen From BayFront Park, Brisbane, Ca.

 

Noises Off...
 

On the first day that Alan and I had been able to go to San Francisco, to watch Woody Allen film his current movie, "Blue Jasmine" we found the location, and waited about 2 hours before we finally saw him come down the red stairs. I had imagined all day about what it would be like. At first, during a major panic attack I experienced upon arrival, I had imagined there would be all kinds of noise! People yelling his name, his yelling about the woman across the street (me) who dared to wear black pants with a grey shirt. "What was she thinking?" As if he was going to care or something! LOL.

But when the actual time came, and he walked down the stairs the crowd of about 10 or so people, not including Alan and I, was down from a crowd of 30 earlier in the day, made no noise at all. All sound seemed to completely stop. Could it be that all of us who had been standing there, all that time, felt the same way, all at once. Did we all just want to hear his voice. Just a little bit? It was, and probably always will be, one of the most surreal moments of my life! I could literally think and hear my own thoughts... "My God... it's really him, and he's just how I expected him to be! He's Woody Allen!" :)

Can you imagine listening to the sound of silence?

;)

"The first duty of love is to listen."

~Paul Tullich

Mood: Happy

Okay, that's my collection of LISTENING to noises on, and noises off. No go check out what the other participating Robins had in mind for this outing of the Round Robin Challenges! Just click the link above to be redirected to the official Round Robin blog.

~Me :)

1 comment:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Oh, this put me on the edge of tears. So beautiful, in pictures, in word-pictures and in the sounds you shared!