Sunday, August 11, 2013

Art About Town: San Francisco; Sculptures On Crissy Field



He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.

~St. Francis Of Assisi

I was back at Crissy Field a couple weeks ago, cameras by my side, and in my hands obviously, to capture the amazing 8 piece Abstract expressionist sculpture series by artist Mark di Suvero, that was placed along the green through a partnership of SFMOMA, the National Park Service and the Golden Gate Parks Conservancy. The sculptures will be featured at Crissy Field until late spring of 2014 as part of the SFMOMA's Art On The Go program, while the museum undergoes a 3 year expansion project. I am looking forward to seeing more art around town as time progresses.

Personally speaking, I love, love, love seeing the sculptures along Crissy Field. I am a huge fan of Public Art, and this has been among my favorites of this year to photograph! With the gorgeous views of the San Francisco Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge as their background, it has brought a different feel to the sculptures that one couldn't experience if they were locked inside a room, or in a simple garden setting. But the community surrounding Crissy Field isn't so happy about their presence. But we won't focus on that right now. No, let's just enjoy the sculptures, and the way they make us feel!

My photos really don't do them justice. You must visit and see them for yourself!

 

 

 

 

 



Photographing and appreciating Public Art is just about the best way I know of to spend a summer day!

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: