Saturday, January 24, 2009

Round Robin Challenge: Not Of The Season

"To be interesting in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring."

-George Santayana

This challenge was my idea wasn't it? LOL. Immediately after I suggested it, the sun stopped shining in the Bay Area, and all those lovely spring conditions were replaced with rain, and chilly temperatures and well... winter conditions! LOL. Which isn't very surprising because, it's winter! SMILE. Oh well, I was able to find some suitable photos for the challenge in my archive, but that's fine too. So, for your viewing pleasure, are some previously unpublished photos that fit the challenge...

The first one was taken last autumn at Pastorino's Pumpkin Patch. What caught my eye was the gorgeous springlike flowers in the those lovely pastel colors, and right in the same frame was the very symbol of autumn... a jack-o-lantern. The scene just appealed to me somehow. Some of my very favorite things, coming together in one pretty little shot. Photographic bliss!

Roses In December?


I consider this rose one of my Christmas/Hanukkah presents from the last holiday season. It started to bloom early in the week, but opened completely on Christmas Eve. Roses, in December? I love my roses, but I had a terrible year with them. Between the ants and the aphids, my lovely roses ended up all but dead. I had given up, but this hardy little rose came through for me. My favorite of all the roses, it's called Green Ice. It was a nice surprise. It has encouraged me to start getting the garden into shape for this spring, beginning next month. Wish me luck!

Be sure to visit all the participating Robins for this challenge. Simply follow the links below...

Linking List ** Welcome New Members!**

Carly... Ellipsis
Posted!

Monica... Photographer's Choice
Posted!

Karen... Outpost Mavarin
Posted!

Gattina... Keyhole Pictures
Posted!

Terri... Ways I See The World
Posted!

**Gwenlyn... Greenchair
Posted!

Vicki... Maraca
Posted!

Suzanne R... SuzyQ421s Photo Blog
Posted!

Jama... Sweet Memories
Posted!

Linda... Mommy's Treasures


Marina... Milepebbles
Posted!

Jill... South Bay Soliloquy
Posted!

Julie... Julie's Web Journal
Posted!

Kathy... Through the Viewfinder
Posted!

**Chris... Camera Obscura
Posted!

-rRose... WAIT-NOTYET-MOUNTAIN RIVER WHISPERS


Annie... Pictures of Craziness


Sherrie... Sherrie's Stuff
Posted!

**Basir Seerat... Basir Seerat's Photography


Connie... Far Side Of Fifty Photos
Posted!

Wammy... The Ellis Family Cincinnati
Posted!



Remember, there is still time to play along with the challenge, but if you can't make it for this round, stop by the Round Robin blog on Sunday to find out what our next challenge will be. :)

-Carly
"Pumpkin And Flowers"
Pastorino's Pumpkin Patch
Half Moon Bay, California
October, 2008
Afternoon

9 comments:

Gattina said...

I wished I could see your flowers in real ! but as you say, it's not the season (sigh*)

Monica said...

That first photo is fun with the spring colors and the halloween pumpkin in the background. It was PERFECT for the challenge!

Monica

Suzanne R said...

All pretty flowers! Despite the quote saying we should like all seasons (which is what I take it to mean), I am still not real thrilled with winter! LOL!

MyMaracas said...

LOL Somehow, I KNEW autumn would be in here somewhere. Love the first one with the jack o' lantern peeking out. And roses in December?? I'm impressed.

This was fun!

Anonymous said...

Both are stunning shots!!!
Good luck with your garden...

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Beautiful Shots!! That rose if so beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Hansel said...

hai! mai mommeh iz photographers too!

barrettmanor said...

A rose in December is a lovely gift, and that's a lovely picture!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I'm finally playing catch-up here after days of distractions, mostly that day trip and the book I was reading. Onward...!

I really like the rose. It isn't the same old basic rose shape, and you captured it from an interesting angle. Plus I love the rose-colored speckles, as if the whole thing were white chocolate with bits of candy cane! Christmassy indeed!