Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Midpoint Of September... PreAutumn Leaf #4

Pre-Autumn Leaf #4
September 15th, 2017 Manteca, California 


"Live in moments that consume your heart and mind,
 but be distracted by the music from the
 leaves, birds, wind, rain, sun and people."

~Val Uchendu 

Only a couple more days of summer remain... and I am intentionally ignoring it, because, frankly, autumn has already grabbed the light in the sky, the sunsets, the coolness of the air, the sweetness of every piece of music I listen to, and my creativity. As autumn begins, I always think about one of my favorite quotes by Stephen King, about the transition between summer and fall.

"But when fall comes, kicking summer out on its treacherous ass, as it always does one day, sometime after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend
 that you have missed."

~Stephen King
Salem's Lot 

That, is a quote so perfect, I don't think I would ever be able to find a better one, or even come up with the words myself that fit the sense of well being each autumn brings me. The morning sun. The evening sunsets, the ripe harvest vegetables and the smell of damp, earthy, falling leaves, all in concert, deep down in my soul, causing me walk around with a dumbstruck, distracted look on my face, like I have just found love at first sight... for the 55th time! I don't know why autumn has that effect on me, but it always has, and it probably always will. It just does! 


Mood: Happy

~Me :)

 

No comments: