Sunday, September 01, 2013

I'm Seeing "DOTS" Before My Eyes (A Game Review)



"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games."

~Benjamin Franklin



Obsessed. I am obsessed! Let me tell you how it began. You see, last June, in a mad fit of boredom, I decided to jump over to TechCrunch and take a look around at the latest and greatest in the world of online and mobile games. I read a glowing article, not literally, but figuratively speaking, on a new free game called Dots. It was a simple enough premise... so simple it almost seemed tedious and boring... so I put it in my "maybe later" file.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, when I had to run a errand to my pharmacy. What does a pharmacy have to do with this... I am about to tell you. You see, on the phone I was assured that my medications were all filled and ready to be picked up, but when I got there... nope... it was going to be at least 45 minutes. Sigh. So, with time on my hands, but not really enough time to start a Words With Friends game, I decided to download the free game Dots.

Beware of this game! It's FREE. It's EASY to play. And it's HIGHLY ADDICTIVE! The object of Dots is to connect two or more of the dots of the same color together. If you can form them into a box, even better! You have 60 seconds to achieve your goal of connecting the dots, and of course, the more the better! I love that it isn't time consuming, in that you can play one game, and then close it if you have to. Unfortunately, like a certain potato chip, I can't seem to enjoy just one!

The premise might sound overly simplistic, but believe me, it's not as easy as it sounds!

It's a great game, especially if you find yourself with a bit of time, here and there throughout the day! I highly recommend it if you have a trip to the DMV, in your future. It would also work to make standing in line at Walmart a much nicer experience! Wait... nah... I don't want to mislead you... there is nothing that can make that a nicer experience... but playing Dots will make the time pass a lot faster!

So in that sense... . :)

My Dots Stats

Best Score: 224
Trophies: 16 of 30
Total Dots: 45, 939

I give Dots 5 out of 5 Shiny Game Pieces!

Dots is available for free from Google Play, Amazon Apps and The App Store

No comments: