Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Impressionist Photography In Late Autumn



"To my mind, a picture should be something pleasant, cheerful and pretty, yes pretty! There are too many unpleasant things in life as it is without creating still more of them."

~Pierre Auguste Renoir


The Japanese Bridge
By Claude Monet


For the most part I don't do a lot of editing of my photos. Oh, I might straighten an edge here and there, so sue me, I do a lot of photography here in the hills and in San Francisco. Unless you have lived here, you probably don't realize, there are NO straight lines anywhere! Something to do with earthquakes I think, or maybe it's just the fact that the earth is a ball... I have to admit... I don't know why it seems that way, but it does. I get straighter photos from the middle of the bay, than I do on the dry land of the city.

But when it comes to my autumn photos, I admit it, I sometimes put a little something extra into the editing of my photos. Not to deceive mind you, but to show you what I see, even if it is mostly in my imagination. I see everything around me with brighter colors, and soft twilight lighting. Although sometimes I manage to capture those amazing red sunsets we get in autumn, oh hell, what can I say? I am a total fool for autumn, and I just see it... well... differently than most folks do... through my crazy green eyes.

"For an impressionist to paint from nature is not to paint the subject, but to realize sensations."

~Paul Cezanne











I am an Impressionist photographer when it comes to autumn.

Now I need to work on the other 3 seasons.

Happiness. :)

Q. So tell me, when it comes to your photography, does any particular art form inspire you? Or does any particular artist influence you, as to what subjects you choose?

Tell me everything!

~Me :)


No comments: