Wednesday, March 10, 2010

W.A. #309: Get in Line!



"Remember in elementary school you were told that in case of fire you have to line up quietly in a single file from smallest to tallest? What is the logic in that? What, do tall people burn slower?"

-Warren Hutcherson

Weekend Assignment #309: nobody likes standing in line, generally speaking, but sometimes you have to wait around to get what you want. Are you one of those people who avoid lines as much as humanly possible, even if it means doing without? Or do you accept the need for queues, and simply try to make the wait as painless as you can?

Extra Credit: Do you see the problem of waiting in lines as getting better or worse in recent years?

-Karen, of the blog, Outpost Mavarin

Lines? No problem, well, unless we are talking about the lines at the DMV. That would be my least favorite line to stand in, but you see, I have to twice a year to renew my Disabled Person Placard. I could make an appointment and avoid the lines I suppose, but getting appointments here in California can be difficult, especially since the forced furloughs were put into place by the governor. (Shrug) I don't really mind standing in line, the only time it really bothers me is when it's cold. My arthritis protests loudly when it's cold, but I can usually just work around it with some heat patches strategically placed here and there. It's warm and nice, and gives me a nice minty scent. LOL.

Lines are simply a part of life. I don't really worry too much about them. Besides, if I am in too much pain, Alan usually helps me out. He is such a sweetie! The only time I get bugged about lines, is when I have 4 or 5 items in my cart, and someone in front of me has 500 items, and they don't offer to let me go ahead of them. I ask others with less items then I have if they want to go ahead of me... so it would be nice to get that courtesy in return. (Shrug again). Like lines... it just is what it is. :) But it is nice, to be nice to the person next to you, or behind you as the case may be. Pass it on!

:)

-Carly


3 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

See, you have a really good, reasonable attitude toward this - unlike some people I know! Love the photo you used to illustrate this. One wonder what jack o'lanterns need to wait in line for! ;)

fredamans said...

Great shot of pumpkins.... now off to look for lines.

Tressa bailey said...

love that quote...