Saturday, December 19, 2009

EMPS #68: Holiday Decorations

From For Ellipsis


"Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart."

-Washington Irving

I thought it might be a good idea if I played along with this week's Monday Photo Shoot assignment, so here is my Christmas tree. Have I told you that Alan and I named out tree Axel? Yep, we did, all those years ago. I think we bought him in the mid 90's. We were living in a little apartment at the time, and he just seemed like the most practical way to go. I love our silly little tree, after all these years, it just wouldn't be Christmas without him. Each year we purchase a new ornament for each other at the Tilden Christmas Fantasy In The Woods. We purchased the ones for this year just last night. It's a magical place, and it makes the ornaments all the more special. I can't wait to see what this year's will be! :) Less then a week to go now!

Here is the way San Francisco says "Happy Holidays!"


From For Ellipsis


From For Ellipsis



From For Ellipsis


There is still time to play along! Click here for all the details!

-Carly

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I see your Chrismoose!

Jama said...

So beautifully adorned with bears!

Suzanne R said...

What a pretty tree! Is it a live one? How fun to add new decorations each year.