Thursday, April 13, 2006

And The Maddie Goes To... (Madlibs)

"Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another."

-Eustace

Hi Everyone :)

We had a good turn out for the return of Madlibs on Ellipsis. Thanks goes to Charley, Karen, Pat, and Wil, who it just so happens, is our winner. Please give Wil a big round of applause! Good going Wil! :)

Wil has been my buddy for a long time now, well over a year. In Internet time, that is a long time. I am proud to consider him among my oldest Internet friends. I first came to enjoy his journals, when he was a member of the AOL community and he was also a part of Andrea's writers group, the Whatifs. He has a nifty sense of humor, that always tickles me, and he writes his journals with a great deal of honesty. What a refreshing thing indeed. :) One other thing about Wil that impresses me, he is very honest with the comments he leaves me. :) He is a straight shooter, who isn't afraid to tell me when I have missed the mark. :) That honesty, coupled with some sound advise about both my writing and my photography, reminds me of how lucky I am to have him for a friend. If you haven't visited his journal, Daily Snooze, hop on over...quick as a bunny...and see what a rare find he is. Thanks Wil! Now on to his story, and the words for our next Madlibs round.

Little Red Riding Hood
By Wil (Olddog299)

One day, Little Purple Riding Hood was going through the forest carrying a basket Purple People Eaters for her grandmother. Suddenly, she met a big bloodiest wolf. "Gadzooks!" said the wolf, "where are you going, little Zoinks? "I'm going to my grandmother's house, she said, then the wolf finagled away. When Miss Riding Hood got to her grandmother's house, the wolf was in bed dressed like her grandmother, "My grandmother," she said, "What big Centaurs you have," the better to trample you with," said the wolf. And then she said, "What big cannibals you have, grandmother," The wolf said, "The better to pulverize you with," And she said, "What big appendages you have, grandmother," But the wolf said nothing. He had just died of indigestion from eating grandmother.

Tee Hee! ;) Ok...here are your words for next week. Please email me your words by Wednesday, April 19th at 9:00 PM Eastern time. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR SUBMITTED WORDS IN THE COMMENTS! The winner, and the story will be announced on Thursday, April 20th. As always, the winning entry will receive a nifty prize, and their journal a proper pimping. Hmmm...can one actually have a proper pimping??? LOL.

1. Adjective
2. Noun
3. Part Of The Body
4. Adjective
5. Person In Journal/Blog Land
6. Noun
7. Adverb
8. Noun
9. Plural Noun
10. Adjective
11. Type Of Vegetable
12. Noun
13. Noun
14. Adjective
15. Part Of The Body
16. Noun
17. Adjective
18. Verb (Ending in "ing")
19. Adjective
20. Noun
21. Adjective
22. Noun

-OndineMonet
"Grandmother's House"
Yuba Gap, California
October 29th, 2005
Afternoon

3 comments:

Charley said...

Great madlib! Awesome!

Well done and thanks, Carly!

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

DesLily said...

That came out really cute lol... there was something like this as a game i remember as a kid.. you would all sit in a circle and write lets say a noun on paper and fold it over and pass to the next person who would write a verb and pass it to the next.. etc.. you can see that everyone "donates" one word and then it got read in a "story" ..so this idea brings back a really old memory..wish i could remember the name of the game or the story that it filled in..sheesh.. don't get old, ya get forgetful lol lol

Wil said...

I want to thank you for this great honor, Carly, m'dear. I'll be sure to place the framed print alongside my Hugos and Nebula awards...