Sunday, October 22, 2023

The Darkening October

 

“He couldn't stop smelling the air in great, deep, loud sniffs. It was so delicious. It smelled of water, and mud, and maple trees, and autumn.”
 
~Elizabeth Enright,
 
I went to Sacramento yesterday, to peep some leaves at my favorite park in the city, Crocker park, which is so named because it sits right next to the Crocker Museum. Sacramento is known for, among other things, it's love of trees. It's estimated that there are approximately 1 million tress, all within the city limits! That's a lot of leaves! And it's home for a lot of critters! I have kept to just a couple key areas on the city, for doing my Sacramento leaf peeping, but this year, as time allows, I think I would like to explore more parks and the capitol grounds. As you can see, Autumn is getting off to a slow start there, but that's fine, I need more time to consider what my options are. One thing is for sure, October is almost over and the days are getting darker earlier, so early mornings are going to have to become my friend. For right now, I know it's always just down the road, and there is always something to see!
 

 


 
 

No comments: