Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Autumn Leaf Of The Day #40



“A brisk autumn breeze flowed past, bringing with it scents from the city below: bread and cinnamon and oranges; roast meats and salt. Nesta inhaled, identifying each one, wondering how they could all somehow combine to create a singular sense of autumn.” 

~Sarah J. Maas,
 
I miss Treat Williams. Each Autumn, he would post the most beautiful videos, filmed from his small plane, of the gorgeous foliage in New England, and Vermont in particular. They made me happy inside. I got to see, and look forward to how Autumn spends it's time on the east coast. I would like to experience all that Vermont has to offer, from the small towns, and apple farms, homemade Autumn Beef Stew, and the earthiness of fresh pumpkins still on the vine, to the poetry of living in the moment in autumn. I miss my friend, he understood the love I feel for autumn. Wherever he is, I hope he is soaring high above the maple trees, and playing in a lovely pile of autumn leaves. 
 

 

No comments: