Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt

"Autumn is a season of desperate hopes. The leaves are souls begging to turn life on pause. Begging to stop, begging to take a break, hiding under smiles and childish words."
 
~Teodora Savu
Listen To The Leaves
 
So, this is what I woke up to today. It was really loud, really obnoxious and it was really scary, until I realized what it was, but thank GOD it wasn't an emergency message warning of incoming ICBM's, which I have been expecting since Donald Trump took office! I suppose it was a bad enough message, in that, as I mentioned earlier this week, San Joaquin County is now in an official lock-down, through Christmas. And if I don't miss my guess here, it will be until at least the first week in January.
 
 Once I was focused, and a little less annoyed, I couldn't help but think of American Horror Story, and how the season of Apocalypse began with one of my favorite characters, Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt, receiving a text similar to mine, which served as a warning of ICBMs incoming, and informing that most world capitols were already gone, destroyed in a tit for tat nuclear annihilation of the occupants of earth. I could identify with Coco, when her dad called to say it was all true, all she wanted in that moment was to be with her family and boyfriend. I guess we all would. My biggest fear is that I won't be able to say goodbye to Alan. That I will not be able to hear his voice one last time. Also scary... I survive the initial blast, but I am just close enough to the action that I drown in radiation and become a walking puss ball. No thanks, I'd rather go quickly. 
 
Hopefully, I will never have to face that, and I know I am going to feel better about things after January 20th, when Joe Biden takes office. But until then I have to make yard photography work, which is fine, because there is still a lot I am in the emotional weeds over, so I might as well learn to love my predicament. Honestly, if Ryan Murphy doesn't create a season of American Horror Story, devoted to the events of 2020, then he's not the master storyteller I know him to be! By the way, if you haven't seen American Horror Story: Apcalypse, go, scoot... watch it. The end of the world has never been more fun! Mutt and Jeff are priceless!








 ~Carly
Stockton, California
December 9th 2020
 
 

No comments: