Monday, October 26, 2020

Then The Trees...

 

"Then the trees, after their long silence, began to talk again, in yellow and red. And the days began to shrink under one's very eyes."

 

Mirrlees, Hope


 A little later today, I will be painting my office, Behr Color #MQ4-59 aka Purple Gladiola. I bought the paint five years ago, but because of assorted nasty incidents, I never got the project done. That's all behind me. It happens today, and by tomorrow, my office will finally reflect my taste and that I am finally home. I live in Stockton, and that's not the death I once thought it was. I am incredibly lucky. I have friends. I have love. I have my cats, and Alan. I have my own office, in the house I fell in love with, on an unbearably hot day, in early August, 2015. And then come to find out that it was first sold on June 29th, 1962. My date of birth! I am pretty sure it has been waiting for me. It took me a long time to let go of the life I had in the Bay Area, like someone who passes away, and then clings to the mortal coil. But finally, I made my way to the light of a this new life and I am okay. In fact, I am better than okay. I am home. All that time passing it on the freeway, when driving to and from the Sierra to do photography, it was waiting for me all along, and to think, I tried to push it away. We were meant to meet, and be family.


 

~Carly

October 26th 2020

Stockton, California


No comments: