Thursday, September 10, 2020

Fire Light

"There is a season for everything under the sun... 
even when we can't see the sun."

~Jared Brock
A Year Of Living Prayerfully: How A Curious Traveler Met The Pope, Walked On Coals,
 Danced With Rabbis and Revived His Prayer Life



The Santa Ana winds are officially blowing. The smoke from the fires surrounding the Central Valley are making conditions worse than they were a few weeks ago. I can't believe what I am seeing. That (pic above) was the sky yesterday, and by 6:00 pm, I couldn't even find the sun. It was lost behind the smoke. I saw some photos of San Francisco, and everything was lost under an apocalyptic red glow. I never saw the Golden Gate Bridge look like that. It hurts my feelings, and leaves me feeling even more lonely for my beautiful bridge.

 On the TV, the story of the day revolved around the revelation that Donald John Trump is a damn liar. Big surprise... right? But specifically, he lied about how dangerous the Covid-19 Pandemic was. As I told Alan, I am thankful that I never listened to him to begin with. Rachel Maddow was the first to bring us the information about the virus, and her coverage, once again, was concise and accurate. We are lucky that we had her to count on, because if we were left to our own government, we would probably all be dead or dying.

At least we are not all completely alone in this. 

We have someone we can count on.

I am planning to do some photography on Friday. I am not completely sure about the destination, but I am hoping to visit at least the East Bay. I have a mammography planned for the early morning, then it's off on a photo adventure. Hopefully Berkeley will be possible, but we will have to see how the smoke is by then. With a huge amount of luck, San Francisco could be another destination. Personally, I will be happy with the East Bay. Vacation begins in less than a month. With it being so close, I am happy to just wait and have it be really special. Maybe by then there will be a real season outside. Summer ends in about 10 days, and I will be grateful when it does, but the next 8 weeks or so are the height of fire season, and when the Santa Ana's are at their worst.

Life is a lot of things... boring is not one of them.



~Carly
Stockton, California
September 10th, 2020





 

No comments: