Saturday, November 30, 2019

Autumn Treasure Hunts

"Early this morning I read about your autumn, and all the colors you brought into your letter were changed back in my feelings and filled my mind to the brim with strength and radiance.
Yesterday, while I was admiring the dissolving brightness of autumn here, you were walking through that other autumn back home, which is painted on red wood, as this one's painted silk."

~Rainer Maria Rilke
Letters On Cezanne

That was one of my favorite leaves from this autumn. It's butterfly shape was magnificent! It's so unusual, and I found it fairly early in the season. October 5th, to be exact. It was on one of my favorite trees, in Ione, California. There aren't many trees there that I consider an autumn go to, but in the back of a park and ride, on the edge of town, are two small trees that produce tiny colorful leaves, and this year, this little butterfly leaf was waiting for me. Sometimes leaf peeping is a little like a treasure hunt, which is great and its just one more reason why I love it so much! Hopefully, I will get to go autumn leaf searching every year for the remainder of my life. One day, someday, I hope to be able to visit New England and jump into a big pile of leaves in Massachusetts or upstate New York, but it's a dream for right now, which is okay, because daydreams like that, inspire me to keep looking forward and not back. The very day autumn passes away this year, will be spent preparing for leaf peeping next year. I love the research, and I love looking forward to the beauty that will be coming my way!

 #69 Leaf Of The Day
November 30th 2019
Sacramento, California
Nikon


~Mood: Happy
~Me  :)

No comments: