Friday, December 21, 2018

Fleur-de-Lis

"It looks like fallen petals and it looks like rain.
 It looks like the sounds the birds make at dawn. 
It looks like the aisle of grocery stores when a song I love suddenly begins to play overhead and I cannot help but dance a little dance. It looks like a sigh
 a kiss, an unmade bed.
 It looks like Cheerios in a white bowl
 with a bit of silence on the side.
 It looks like a plain vanilla cupcake in white paper, a dance on the wind, pink toenails, warm socks. 
It looks like a fire against the cold of winter, and a deep lake cool against a summer sky. It looks like chick flicks, books that make you cry, and all the candles blown out on the first try."

~D. Smith Kaich Jones


It was a perfect Fleur-de-Lis!

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science."

~Albert Einstein

One day, about a 10 days ago, I was in a grove of beautiful trees, searching for as many lovely leaves as I could find, for my autumn leaf project, when I saw a particularly lovely one, separate from it's tiny gray branch, and dance slowly to the earth. It gave me chills, because it had an interesting shape to it, and it's color was striking! But I knew I was experiencing a moment of magic, when I realized the leaf's shape  was a perfect example of the symbol of a Fleur-de-Lis. I couldn't believe it! 

I looked up in the branches of the tree that it had come from, but there wasn't any other leaf that had as perfect a form as this one did. There were some that came close, but there just was no rival. It was a magical little leaf, and it will always make me smile when I look back on it. I knew that I had to make it the final autumn photograph, for autumn 2018! Not the final, Leaf Of The Day, mind you, but the final photograph of my favorite season, autumn!

I will miss you magical Autumn!

"We should consider every day lost
 on which we have not danced at least once." 

~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Here is our one last leaf...

 #91 Leaf Of The Day
December 21st 2018
Photographed December 15th 2018
Stockton, California
Samsung


~Mood: Quiet
~Me


 

No comments: