Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Art About Town: Sacramento... Justice Stanley Mosk


"Into the highlands of the mind let me go"

~Sir William Watson
Shakespeare


If you are in Sacramento, and you can't find public art, you are roaming around with your eyes closed! I love Sacramento for their trees, and I love Sacramento for it's history but for me it's about the art! It's my new haunt for all the things photogenic, in that I am now in the Central Valley! Getting to know all about my new go to destination for exploring is actually kind of fun, because it feels like I am seeing new horizons and expanding my knowledge about California. I'm seeing new themes of art, which is much more political, and socially conscience, which are both things I have strong opinions about.

I had a good time photographing this fellow, Justice Stanley Mosk, and learning about his life. I am having a fair amount of pain today, from the arthritis in my hands, so I will let you get to know him on your own, but he was a champion of Civil Rights, which I appreciate more than I can say. He has a courthouse in Los Angeles named after him, and this statue on the Capitol Mall, in Sacramento, just across the courthouse for the California Third District Court of Appeals. I hope to get back to Sacramento this coming weekend, to do a little more photography before Christmas, and I many revisit this area on the Mall, and do a little more photography of this type of art!

 
"Let the first act of every morning
 be to make the following resolve for the day...

I shall not fear anyone on Earth
I shall fear only God.
I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
I shall conquer untruth by truth.

 And resisting in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.

~Mahatma Gandhi

#81 Leaf Of The Day
December 11th 2018
Photographed October 11th 2018
Tilden Park
Little Farm
Berkeley, California
Nikon



~Mood: Quiet
~Me

No comments: