Tuesday, November 20, 2018

The Goodnight Kiss Of Summer

"Enchantment and fulfillment were on the gold and garnet horizon... autumn's breath, a dormant dream reawakened, a yearning nearly satiated, a tender thank you with a brush of the lips, and a connection as fingers touch and go hand in hand."

~Donna Lynn Hope

The air was a little better yesterday, but I stayed in all the same. It wasn't clear enough to keep my eyes from burning, so I reconciled myself to do laundry, read and play a while on Twitter. It wasn't a bad day, but it wasn't an autumn love story either. I feel like this last month of autumn is being terribly cheated of the burst of life it has in it's heart. Fate. So, in absence of the ability to do any measurable new photography, so I chose a photo, or two from the early archives of this autumn. September 24th to be exact. As you can see, summer had kissed autumn hello, pretty early, and it seemed like summer couldn't wait for it's old friend to take over, so it could finally lay down and sleep. 


When the air clears, and the sun is shining again, all will be right with the world. And I have a feeling, that while autumn was looked away in the fire's prison, it will only emerge brighter and stronger than ever, ready to once again fill my soul with the one thing that makes me feel alive, the decline of light and the seductive scent of autumn and the harvest of another year.

#60 Leaf Of The Day
November 20th 2018
Photographed October 17th 2018
Pacific Grove, California


~Mood: Quiet
~Me

 

No comments: