Friday, November 02, 2018

The Black Parasol

"The farther we've gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the move we've come to need Halloween."

~Paula Curan
October Dreams: A Celebration Of Halloween


 Isn't that a pretty parasol? Alan bought it for me, to go with my witch costume, based on the witches of American Horror Story: Coven, and this years chapter, AHS:Apocalypse. I decided to make this my costume because, while I might be 56, I still embrace the holiday with all my heart! It was my favorite day of the year as a child, contained in my favorite month, October, during my favorite season, autumn. I never get enough of it, and it all comes and goes way too fast! It's hard to believe I am on my way to my 57th Halloween, I just pray I make it! If I do, I am pretty sure I will again, embrace my inner witch!

I love the witches of American Horror Story! They are cool, and they have a purpose I appreciate... they fight evil, and isn't that refreshing? Someone, even a fictional character, fighting today's societal/political evil! The whole show is one of the best metaphors for the times we are living in that I have ever seen. Evil is running rampant on the earth right now, and it's absolutely overwhelming. So would say it always has run free on the earth, but it has never been so blatant about saying who it is, and why it's empowered right now!

It tells the truth just enough, to almost miss it when it is blatantly lying! It's evil. It's powerful. And on most days it feels like we have NO CHANCE of overcoming the soul crushing damage it's doing! But I still believe there is hope, and I am looking forward to our current evil being defeated, and hopefully a big part of that will take place next Tuesday, November 6th, with the 2018 midterm elections. God, I hope the democrats will win back the Congress. I pray we will take the Senate too, but I know better than to get my hopes up for both! And I also know better than to believe absolutely everyone who has a (D) next to their name. I know to listen closely to what they say, and what they do. It's not like democrats don't have their moments, and it's not like no one has ever lied and misrepresented themselves as to who they really were.

I was sad on Halloween night. A mere four children came to our door trick or treating. Four. Last year we had roughly fifty or so little ones visit us! The thing is, a couple years ago, in 2016 we had only a handful come by, so the only thing I know of that is the variable, is the national elections. The midterms this year, are much scarier than they were in 2016! Donald Trump keeps topping himself on his vile rhetoric, and there is a cruel, if not a full cloud of evil hanging over everything! This is another time that I don't want to speak to speak about in full here on Ellipsis, I just want to take things one day at a time, and move on from my sadness. 

The midterm election is next Tuesday. I have no idea what to expect, but history will record it, so I am just trying to not make the mistake of celebrating, or climbing into bed and not coming out, before I know what our fate will be! So, I think I will just share what was right about Halloween 2018, and place the bad stuff in a jar on the shelf marked the same way, Ed and Lorraine Warren marked the case that held the demonic doll, Annabelle.



WARNING... POSITIVELY DO NOT OPEN! 

But, when those who have used pure evil to harm our country, are finally brought to justice, I hope those exact same words will be marked over their jail cells! 

And now onto Punky's big night!



And now, the Leaf Of The Day...

#42 Leaf Of The Day
November 2nd 2018
Photographed October 21st 2018
Ione, California




~Mood: Quiet
~Me







 

No comments: