Thursday, October 25, 2018

The Colors Of Autumn And Of Love

"Ah, lovely October, as you usher in the season that awakens my soul, your awesome beauty compels my spirit to soar like a leaf caught in an autumn breeze and my heart to sing like a heavenly choir."

~Peggy Toney Horton


I don't know which I love more, an autumn sunrise, or an autumn twilight! Yesterday afternoon was beautiful, but it was an autumn day, so how could I not feel that old familiar love story, especially when I also wake up with Alan? Alan is as much a part of autumn as the falling leaves! We fell in love in autumn. We got married in autumn, and we adopted our fur babies, all in autumn! Every year we take our vacation from the middle of October, to the middle of November! We take little trips all around Northern California and Nevada. We leaf peep. We walk around pumpkin patches. We have picnics. And there is car karaoke. We watch lots of spooky movies in our home theater. There is a lot of laughter, and a lot of enjoying autumn sunrises and sunsets together! 

We were supposed to take some trips this week, but I have been a bit under the weather this week, I had a bad reaction to a new medication, but I am on the mend, and later today, Alan and I are off on another car trip, to seek out beauty of autumn and snuggle under a big autumn tree! October is almost over with, and my heart is sinking, as I think about waiting another 11 months for it to come around again! I am thinking about doing something different this year. I plan on writing my future self a letter, with my predictions for the coming year! From the first day of Winter 2018, to the first day of Autumn, 2019! 

What will the year bring? I am almost afraid to speculate about national and world events. You know that our 'DEAR LEADER" will provide all the negativity he can muster, so there will be an exhausting amount of push back, emotionally speaking, but I will cope by checking maps, and requesting travel brochures from reliably autumn filled small towns we have never had the chance to visit, and do a lot of praying! It will be exhausting, but Autumn will come around again, and October will follow close behind, and before we know it, once again, he and I will be in each other's arms for hours and hours, under a big autumn tree!

My idea of Heaven, is a perfect Autumn day, that ends with a beautiful sunset in all the colors of my favorite season, and a nap in Alan's arms, where I feel safe, and deeply loved!


#35 Leaf Of The Day
October 25th, 2018
Tilden Park
Little Farm
Berkeley, California
Photographed October 11th, 2018


~Mood: In Love
~Me :)

 

No comments: