Friday, October 19, 2018

Art About Town: Sacramento... Sakti By Gerald Whalburg (2012)

Still

In the fall, I believe again in poetry
if nothing else it is
a movement of the mind.
Summers ball together
into sticky humps
spring evenings are glass beads from one mould
for standard-sized youth
winter a smooth heaviness, not even cold.
But the mind trembles
here, on the brink the mind trembles
there is life, after all,
there is life, still
unbelief left.

~Jaakko A. Ahokas


Some, Art About Town, for this post. I am tired tonight. World weary. I guess it's to be expected, so close to what will be the most important midterm election of my lifetime. I just want to drown in autumn leaves and art. I have done my share of drowning in politics, which seems to be the only news we have anymore. No stories of kittens being rescued from storm drains. No stories of people being saved from house fires by their neighbors, just politics, sadness, fear, frustration, and all of it coming at us so fast that one fears looking away. But we have to once in a while, right? Even if it's just once in a while, so we don't miss an autumn leaf turn and fall gently to the ground, or to admire a lovely piece of art.

There are TWO Leaves Of The Day in this post, because I accidentally uploaded the wrong one to Twitter. So, I decided to fix the matter by making it a double leaf day.
 Now, for your viewing pleasure... 

 #28

#29




~Mood: Tired
~Me :)

No comments: