Saturday, September 29, 2018

Falling

"Sometimes I wake up and lie still enough to hear a petal drop from the vase of flowers. Sometimes I lie awake and wish there was someone to hear my falling."

~Simon Van Booy
The Illusion Of Separateness 

Aren't they pretty? I found these lovely flowers last summer, and couldn't resist photographing them. I am not sure what they are called, but their colors were so striking! It was the 4th of July, and Alan were on a relaxing ride, when we stopped at a park to eat lunch, and there they were looking so vibrant and cheerful. All my favorite colors, everything about them was perfect! The only problem was... they weren't autumn leaves! I would rather have a bouquet of autumn leaves, than a bouquet of flowers any day, but when it's especially hot outside, like early July tends to be, one will dwell on the upcoming season, and that wonderful first chill of the year! There really is nothing quite like it!


If you happen to know the name of these flowers, please let me know in the comment thread!

#8 Leaf Of The Day
September 24th, 2018
Cull Canyon

~Mood; Tired
 ~Me 

 

No comments: