Friday, November 17, 2017

Laughing And Crying In Autumn

Carson City, Nevada
October 22nd, 2016

"Autumn has come
and reason has gone.
Yesterday, I sold the sun for you
and tonight the stars are running
 When you first spoke
you slowly annihilated my world. 

Your mouth was like the sea...
in your kisses I sank.
Your hands were the Ocean...
in your caresses I sank.
I ask for no salvation on this moonless night
I only ask for more autumn."

~Kamand Kojouri


The photo at the top of this post, was taken on October 22nd, 2016, in Carson City, Nevada. The color around the Sierra was at it's peak, and down in Carson City it was no different! Autumn last year, was so alive with color, that in my imagination it seemed like if I stood very still, I could almost hear the season laughing out loud! I know, I am a bit unreasonable when it comes to autumn, but autumn is as much a part of me, as my arms, legs, and especially my eyes! And no one loves a good deep laugh as much as I do!God knows I stumble enough through life, making goofy mistakes, that I can safely say, I laugh at my own mistakes several times a week!

Fate gave me a sense of humor, and a love of photography, reading, and I am a bit of a joker. I like making others, and myself, laugh. It's good for them, and it's good for me! But mostly, I enjoy sharing my photography, and sharing the things that I see that touch my soul! I think if fate ever really got mad at me, it would take my eyesight, so I wouldn't be able to see another autumn or flower, or bird. So, I try to be good to others, and live a quiet life, although I get a little pissed off on social media from time to time, but I am not alone in that. These are trying times, and it feels like America is at it's lowest point, of my lifetime. So many things have changed, especially since the 2016 election. But I guess my assessment is true or false, depending on who you ask. 

The photo below was taken on November 6th, 2017. A little over a year after the first one. When it comes to autumn, a few weeks can make a big difference. We had a storm come through around the first of November, and the first bit of cold wind, rain and snow came down in Northern California, the Western Sierra, and all the way down to Carson City. It was a fast moving storm, but a potent one, that dropped a lot of leaves! Some trees fared better than others. There were a few around Carson City still full, and lush with leaves, but others looked like like skeletons, sad and ready for their winter shrouds to cover them.

As much as I love the leaves that covered the trees in the 2016 photograph, the 2017 photograph touched my mood with much greater accuracy, as to reflect how I feel inside right now. I am ready for winter in my soul. This year has been such a dark, cold place with Trump in office, that sometimes I feel inside, like those cold dark branches, waiting for the winter to come tell me it's okay to sleep for a while, to give me the energy, to move forward.

There are three seasons just waiting to have their time, and I have to endure them, somehow, to end up back in autumn, where I am at my happiest, and most content. With a little luck perhaps all this madness will be behind us a year from now, at least I hope so, and if so, maybe the autumn leaves will be laughing once again. One year I was finding autumn leaves in March, sharing tree branches with blossoms! Wouldn't that be nice to see again?

Carson City, Nevada
November 6th, 2017

"You make autumn mist taste like champagne
and turn winter rain into the elixir of life itself."

~Sanober Khan



Leaves And Blossoms
March 25th, 2013
Cull Canyon, California

#17 Leaf Of The Day
November 17th, 2017
 Cull Canyon, California


Mood: Inspired
~Me :)


No comments: