Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Crossing Bridges When You Get To Them!

"There's always another storm. It's the way the world works. Snowstorms, rainstorms, sandstorms, and firestorms.
 Some are fierce and others are small.
 You have to deal with each one separately, 
but you need to keep an eye on whats brewing for tomorrow."

~Maria V. Snyder
Fire Study 

Plumas County isn't just beautiful because of the amazing autumn leaves, it has some other things that make it stand out from other places in California. Like the amazing bridges! There are ones like the two you see above, and there are really old fashioned ones that the trains cross as they go over the Feather River. There is an amazing one that connects the Feather River Parkway, with the tiny town of Beldon! Its gorgeous! This photo is from the way into the county. The rainstorm was only beginning! As the tiny drops turned into large heavy drops, I decided it was time to head back home. It was so difficult to leave, I love it here so much, but we did. And it was a good thing we left when we did! The wind was blowing really hard by about 4:00 P.M. and it was getting dark!

And then this happened!

Thank goodness we left when we did! That was a fairly large tree that snapped and fell across the road! Luckily there was a PG&E truck coming in the opposite direction, and Alan and the man PG&E worked together to remove the large pieces of tree from the road so we could get through, and then we were on our way! But I can't help but think we dodged a really bad incident the other day. I knew it was going to rain that day, but I didn't know that it was going to rain that hard, or that there would be that much wind! 

Note to self: thoroughly check the weather conditions when going into the foothills! LOL.

I really needed that photo jaunt to take my mind off of my colonoscopy. It takes place tomorrow, the same day as the election! But I will whine about all that in my next post! LOL. Goody, something for you to look forward too... right?   :) I just want to cross that bridge when I get to it, and not a minute before!

Leaf Of The Day
October 18th 2016

 
Mood: Happy

~Me :)

 

No comments: