Friday, October 02, 2015

The Key To Ridding Yourself Of Vampires

"Theres nothing worse than waiting not knowing
 what'll happen to you. 
Your own imagination can be crueler than any captor."

~Rochelle Meade
Frostbite



Vampires. If we don't know any personally, we probably know someone who does. Maybe they are real, maybe they were just folks who suck our will dry. Vampires are needy. They are also demanding, charismatic, annoying, they keep odd ours, and they, if allowed, will suck you dry of compassion and common sense. I have known a few in my lifetime, but one day I grew up and learned the word NO. NO is a lot like holy water, or a pretty sterling silver cross, but not quite as lethal to the dear vampire as a wooden stake through the heart.  Funny thing about vampires, when they realize they don't frighten you anymore they lose all their power. They actually become mortal. I slayed a vampire this past summer, and it felt mighty good. Oh I had some help... an Angell actually, of the Angell Law Firm. LOL. It helps to have an Angell on your shoulder when evil comes calling!

The memory of that slaying brought another fond memory to mind. Last year, during our vacation, Alan and I visited Ripley's Believe It Or Not, at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. It was filled with all kinds of curious things, but the Vampire Killing Kit was my favorite of all the exhibits. I took as many photos of it as I could that day, specifically to do a post this October. Did some part of me see my vampire encounter coming? Nah... I don't think so. How could I? No, I think I just found it fascinating that someone would go so far as to actually create a full kit for riding the world of that kind of evil. But when you really ponder it, it makes sense. If something is bothering you, you create a way to make it go away! Vampires aren't a new thing, and getting rid of them will always be a challenge, but like I said, sometimes looking them square in the eye, and saying, "NO! YOU DON'T SCARE ME. I HAVE AN ANGELL ON MY SHOULDER. BE GONE EVIL ONE!"... works pretty darn well!

So, what's the key to ridding yourself of vampires?
Tell The NO.
If All Else Fails...
 Find the right lawyer to tell them to go away!





Leaf Of The Day
October 2nd, 2015


Mood: Happy

~Me :)




No comments: