Monday, October 05, 2015

The Cat In The Window

"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

~Peter S. Beagle
The Last Unicorn

That kitty in the window is my Joey. He is Alan's Joey too, of course, but it's me he snuggles when it's time for bed. At least he used to. You see, we moved the little guy into a big house. It's the biggest space he has ever lived in. The cottage in Berkeley was a one bedroom, with a tiny office space. The hotel room was almost the same size as the cottage, only laid out slightly differently, but this place is 3 bedrooms, and two bathrooms, and a big family room/laundry area and it's all quite overwhelming for him sometimes. Truth be told, it's overwhelming for me as well! I don't know if I want to live here forever. It's a lot to deal with. Ideally, one day I will be able to comeback to the Bay Area. I am not picky, about where I am, as long as we are all happy. 

At the moment, I am restless. I don't know if the emotional end of this adventure is finally catching up with me, or what it is, but I am blue. Sad meanies. It's been a hell of a year, I am ready to just stop for a while, which it seems we have, it's just since we moved in here, Joey has refused to come into our room at night. He won't go down the long hallway that leads to the bedroom. Dylan and Hendrix do, they are by my side every night, but Joey will have none of it! NOPE. WON'T DISCUSS IT! I just miss my boy. So that is adding to my mood. I trying to be patient. I know he will work through it at some point, but until then, I just wish everything was back to normal. I wish Joey would come sleep with me tonight. I miss his big, warm paws.

I suppose we are just in a period of adjustment.

This too shall pass.


Leaf Of The Day
October 5th, 2015
Mood: Happy But Sad

~Me :)

1 comment:

sunflowerkat said...

This is an awesome artsy image of your boy Carly! Hang in there...it's normal to feel a bit blue as the dust settles on a year like you've had. You've been living in a high state of overwhelm for so long. It takes time to adjust to the new normal. Been through a few years of this myself. Sometimes I'm still not completely sure how things ended up this way.