Saturday, December 27, 2014

Memento Mori

"All photographs are memento mori. To take a photograph is to participate in another persons
 ( or thing's ) mortality, vulnerability, mutability. 
Precisely by slicing out this moment and freezing it, all photographs testify to time's relentless melt."

~Susan Sontag

The year 2014 is facing it's mortality. And I for one am ready to grieve it and leave it. What a dreadful, treacherous, mean spirited, devastating year it has been. So much sadness... so much loss. Most of it pointless. If I hadn't had my cameras, and my new McDillet friends, I don't know what I would have done. They make me smile. They make me laugh, and they remind me that there is something else to focus on besides grief, politics, and the negative forces in the universe! Isn't life odd and random sometimes?

 While I have been a fan of Dylan McDermott's for years and years, I never knew how much he would come to mean to me. If not for him, and the fun I found through him, by way of the McDillet Babes, his devoted fans, and Daily McDermott, I would have rarely smiled at all this year! I will always be a little in love with him just for that, let alone all the million or so other reasons, such as his kind heart, his generosity, and his warmth toward his fans. He is a very nice man.

Okay, so now I want to look back at a few photos that for one reason or another
 didn't make it into an Ellipsis post, because they are lovely, and deserve to be seen!

The Unseen of 2014

The Dark Before The Storm
December 9th, 2014

Autumn Orange
October 1st 2014

 The Ghost
December 27th 2014 Berkeley, Ca

The Witching Time
October 23rd 2014
 Half Moon Bay, Ca

The Little Mushroom
December 7th 2014, Tilden Park, Berkeley, Ca

The Ride Along
December 8th 2014, San Leandro, Ca

The Peace Banner
December 9th 2014
Berkeley, Ca

Fallen Leaves
December 16th 2014
Orinda, Ca

The Crow
December 17th, 2014
Community Center, Castro Valley, Ca

Holiday Lights
December 13th 2014
Tilden Park, Berkeley, Ca

The Dandelion
December 9th, 2014
Berkeley, Ca

The Orinda Theater
December 23rd, 2014
Orinda, Ca

Art heals... so does friendship! I am lucky enough to have both!

:)

Mood: Happy

~Me :)





No comments: