Saturday, September 07, 2013

Round Robin Challenge: That's Odd!



"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."

~Steven Wright

RRC: That's Odd



Well, it is! :) And kinda cool to! You see, Alan and I were sitting in traffic, in downtown San Francisco, last Wednesday, and it wasn't it usual jam-packed traffic, it was jam-packed traffic on steroids! No kidding, the traffic since the opening of the new eastern span of the Bay Bridge, has been nothing short of horrendous! No one is really sure why the traffic has gotten so much worse in the last few days, but speculation is that folks are either being super careful crossing the new span, causing the back-ups, or the commuters are too busy driving slow to get a good look at the new Oakland side of the bridge. Either way... it's ODD! I am going to do an in depth post about the new span, complete with brand new pictures, next week! So be sure to stay tuned to Ellipsis for that! But for now, I wanted to show off the photo above. That's my little blue car you see in the picture. I tried to take the photo so I couldn't be seen, but I wasn't completely successful, so I wonder, is that considered a "selfie?"

Republican Oddities...



Who better to have their portrait done in jelly beans than Ronald Reagan? Like me, he had a sweet tooth that went straight to his soul, and jelly beans just happened to be his sweet tooth weakness! And I happen to know that President Reagan's favorite brand of Jelly Beans was Jelly Belly, jelly beans! I was working as an 800 Operator in the 1980's, and one of the corporate clients I was an operator for was the Jelly Belly company! One day, true story... my hand to GOD... I took an order for 800 lbs. of assorted Jelly Belly Jelly Beans, and one desktop dispenser, to be mailed to the White House Attn. Mail Processing Room at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue! That was before all mail and special packages were moved to a special processing center on the other side of Washington D.C.! 9/11 changed everything, including where jelly beans get sent!

I took both photos in February of 2005, at the Jelly Belly Jelly Bean Factory, in Fairfield, in Marin County. The governor at the time was non other than old GAS himself Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger! Blech! But the Jelly Belly factory saw fit to honor him in jelly beans, so I took a photo of the two republicans for nostalgia. LOL. It serves to remind me that nothing BAD can possibly last forever... right? LOL. I must get back up to the factory again soon, I am sure they have honored our current governor, Jerry Brown, in jelly beans as well! Only that portrait will remind me that nothing should be taken for granted, so appreciate Jerry Brown while we have him in office!

I bet you never thought Jelly Beans could be so profound!

I bet I know what you're thinking... you're thinking...That's Odd!

;)

Okay, you have seen my oddities, now go see what everyone else is up to for this Round Robin Challenge! Simply click the link at the beginning of this post to be redirected to the official Round Robin blog. That's where you will find all you need to know to play along with us, and a complete list of participants for this challenge!

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

2 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Hi, Carly! I like your oddities, especially the Jelly Belly Republicans! Heh. I knew I could count on you to come up with something oddly cool.

I have no computer this weekend, so would you do me a favor when you get a chance, and format the Linking List properly? Thanks!

fredamans said...

I think it's a groovy find with the mirror!