Monday, June 24, 2013

26



"Sometimes I get depressed about my age. In March I'll be 26. If man weren't measured in numbers, but rather letters, I'd be turning Z. And then I'd be dead."

~Jarod Kintz, I should Have Renamed This



Several months ago I saw these numbers on the side of building. I don't know why, but it absolutely fascinated me. Has that ever happened to you with your photography? So notice something completely ordinary, and for whatever reason you just had to photograph it? I am that way with numbers sometimes. Like the time I found the key fob that was just laying in the hedge near the crooked side of Lombard Street in San Francisco. For the most part I don't really like numbers... they lead to math after all... but okay, I admit they are a necessary evil. LOL. How else would I know if I am putting the correct amount of cinnamon in my homemade scones, or that I will be turning not 26 on Saturday, but rather Z-2.0-ish.

;) It's not this birthday I am worried about. It's the one that will be the last one I think about in the middle of the night. Sigh. Someday I just won't be here anymore, and that's an odd thing to ponder. I try not to make a habit of it. LOL. We all know age has very little to do with anything. Mortality comes as a big surprise. I like that. Can you imagine if there were bomb shelters or storm cellars for impending birthdays? (Shudder) No, I will keep the current system, I don't need any test that can almost perfectly pinpoint my demise, or some psychic's best guess. I will wait and be surprised. Although, wouldn't it be crappy to have death drop by on one's 100th birthday, just as whats left of ones friends jump out from behind nursing home furniture and from behind tasteful drapes to yell SURPRISE!

Thank you, and goodbye!

Mood: Happy

~Me :)


No comments: