Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sometimes The Moon...


The Full Moon And Clouds January 25th, 2013


"See how nature... trees, flowers, grass grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... we need silence to be able to touch souls."

~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Sometimes the moon cooperates with me, sometimes it doesn't. LOL. I have been quite happy with the photos I have taken, since I switched to digital about 10 years ago, but sometimes I have to work a lot harder than other times. My old beloved Minolta, which was broken on December 31st of 2008, was the camera I used to do most of the moon shots with, but it met with a tragic end, having been wrestled to the ground by Dylan and Hendrix when they were but mere kittens! Never underestimated the damage potential of a pair of kittens! LOL. As heartbroken as I was, all was immediately forgiven. I can't stay mad at my two little fellas for very long.

At the time I thought my Minolta had been given a death sentence, but where there's a will, there is a way, so with a determined spirit I taped the Minolta back together and soldiered on. It's been over 4 1/2 years and even though I have purchased two new cameras since, I still break out the old Minolta and take if for a spin, providing it feels like being cooperative! My beloved Minolta insists on being able to recognize only one SD card in particular... no other... and at times it refuses to speak to me in anything but Japanese. Yes, Japanese. You see, for some reason it tends to get stuck in the Japanese mode, and I have NO idea why or how it happens. But it's okay, I am good with it, the pictures still continue to come out awesome!

I am hoping I will be able to get some good shots of the Supermoon a little later. As I write this post it is a little after 12:00 AM PT, but at around 4:30 AM or so, the moon should be at it's biggest and brightest in the sky. I am going to check on it from time to time overnight, and hopefully the sky will be clear enough to get a few shots. When I checked a couple hours ago, there were a few clouds beginning to move into the bay from a storm that's one it's way for Sunday night and Monday. It's going to be one of those wonderful gully washers that make it all cozy, but jeepers my luck, does it really have to come in right now? LOL. Ummm... yep!

Sometimes the moon cooperates, and sometimes it doesn't. Life, and photography, is an adventure. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: