Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Sad Little Bear



"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off."

~Helen Exley

While I was photographing the gorgeous sculptures in the temporary sculpture park in Oakland on Monday, I just happened to spot this medium sized brown bear sitting on the balcony of an apartment  across the street. I couldn't quite make out the details of his face, but decided to take the photo anyway, because it was such an interesting sight. When I got home, and saw it on the computer, I knew I had to post it. The bear looks so sad, so lonely. I don't think I have ever seen one quite like it. The face of that medium brown bear nearly broke my heart.

I would like to think that it doesn't always have such a sad look on it's face, but rather from time to time he smiles a big broad smile. Times like when it's favorite human in the whole world is home, or when it's favorite canine or feline is chewing or drooling on his ear. Of course in the rational world stuffed bears have no emotion at all, and while I kinda count on the rational world, particularly in times such as these, I have to admit, I don't mind the occasional pondering about the feelings of Teddy Bears.

 

Mood: Silly

~Me :)

No comments: