Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Prelude To A Tulip



"If flowers were boogers, I'd pick a few big ones and flick them on your grave."

~Jarod Kintz, It Occurred To Me

LOL. I love that quote and couldn't resist using it for this post. There were exactly two choices yesterday for a photo outing jaunt. Visiting Golden Gate Park, and taking advantage of the free day at the Conservatory of Flowers and the DeYoung museum, or attend one of the free Jell-O Pudding cup giveaways being offered by the Jell-0 company, to lift the spirits of 49er fans, still sad about the team losing the Super Bowl last Sunday. Guess which outing I opted for?

Hey, it's not that I don't find pudding all kinds of nifty. I do. And while I prefer rice pudding to chocolate pudding, it's not like I haven't been know to indulge from time to time. I just found the whole thing in really bad taste. First of all, we 49er fans don't need to climb into a pudding cup to ease our collective football depression. All we really need to do is to get on with the rest our lives, well the next two seasons worth anyway, and before we know it, we will be right back at September, and the beginning of the 2013-2014 football season. No pudding required. Or needed.

And second... pudding? I would have thought an Oscar Meyer hot dog giveaway would have been more appropriate? Or maybe a BBQ tri-tip sandwich, maybe a sourdough? Perhaps even just a nice, plain sourdough bread loaf? After all, we San Franciscans are known for our sourdough! But... pudding? Really? I checked different websites when I got home, and it seems the giveaway didn't away didn't go as smooth as chocolate pudding. It turned out exactly as I thought it might. I wonder whose bright idea that was?

Ho-Hum.

Anyway... on to Golden Gate Park.

Free day at the Conservatory of Flowers was wonderful as always. Amazingly lovely orchids, and a pretty great new train exhibition. It has been a couple years since I have visited the conservatory, so it was nice to be able to visit there. I have a nice collection of orchids photographs that I will be posting in the coming days, but this post is all about the small hints of spring I found dotting the park here and there. I also found some solid yellow daffodils, which always makes me smile. The yellow is so vibrant and mood lifting. It's a nice prelude to the gorgeous tulips that can be found at the Queen Wilhelmina Windmill Garden. Oh my, I can't wait!

California Poppys...







I will post the orchid gallery later this week.

Stay Tuned.

"If our destiny stems from our name, then I weep for the flower named Wilt."

~Jarod Kintz, It Occurred to Me

San Francisco Weekly (The Snitch Blog)
Loser Pudding: Jell-O Dispensaries, Ronnie Lott Given the Bums Rush

Mood: Happy :)

~Me :)

No comments: