Tuesday, February 05, 2013

But Is It Art?



"I want to meet a guy named Art. I'd take him to a museum, hang him on the wall, criticize him, and leave."

~Jarod Kintz, I Want

"You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved."

~Ansel Adams

LOL. The other day, while creating photographic art with my camera, I accidentally took a picture of my hand. It was irritating at the time, but when I got home and uploaded my photos from that day for editing, I kinda got a laugh at how the hand shot looked. I liked the colors, and the way they were placed, so I decided to play around a bit with my editing program just to see what I could come up with, you know, in an abstract way. LOL. I deepened the colors. Turned up the contrast. Added some texture, and finally placed it in a black and white frame, and above is the end result.

I call it... "Finger Painting." LOL.

But tell me... Is it art? :)

"We have art in order not to die of the truth."

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Mood: Silly

~Me :)

No comments: