Friday, February 01, 2013

Beyond The Sea



"This afternoon knows what the morning never suspected."

~Swedish Proverb

I have become quite fond of the light between 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM. In that 3 hour window there is a lot of unique lighting opportunities. And I find that I need to put a little more thought and planning into how colors look different than they would... say... in the early morning hours. I have found that sometimes I simply can't get the end result I am looking for. Maybe because the sun is about to set, so I feel rushed. Or maybe it's simply the way the sun looks when it seems content and sleepy. It's soft and lovely, but all too often I feel like I am missing something if I devote my whole time and attention to achieving what I see as the photograph, rather than seeing, feeling, experiencing and appreciating the scene in front of me for personal reasons. I am not sure. All I know is, at the moment, I am comfortable with doing most of my photography in the afternoon, at least for now, because I am learning new things, about photography, and also about myself personally, insights which I am pretty sure don't exist during the morning hours.

When it comes to photography, I am pleased to say, I never stop learning.

Facing East...
 

Little Known Fact About Me...

I have "Beyond The Sea" by Bobby Darin on all of my play lists.

 

Mood: Reflective

~Me :)



No comments: