Saturday, February 02, 2013

Red Sky At Night Sailor's Delight



"Dusk is just an illusion because the sun is either above the horizon or below it. And that means that day and night are linked in a way that few things are. There cannot be one without the other yet they cannot exist at the same time. How would it feel I remember wondering to be always together yet forever apart?"

~Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

Since the beginning of the year, I have been working on photographing the stunning winter sunsets the Bay Area has been having, from as many different perspectives as possible. The view from different parks, and ridges. Sometimes I have tried to work with natural filtering, such as when I am in one of the canyons in the East Bay, and each turn throws a different small slope in front of the sunset just over the hills. All of those areas give me a wild variety of color and shadow, as each place lends it's own unique perspective, because of height, and natural filtering such as trees or slant of the road. It's a challenge, but it gives a weary photographer like me, a lot of satisfaction to work, sometimes really hard, to end the day with a sunset photo that I am proud of, and more importantly, one I will remember long after the photo is taken. I hope you will remember the sunsets as well!

Enjoy!

Sunset Gallery
February 1st, 2013
Grizzly Peak Blvd
Berkeley, California









 







"Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's a day you've had everything to do and you've done it."

~Margaret Thatcher

Mood: Happy

~Me :)


No comments: