Tuesday, November 06, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 179A~ I Can Has Voting



"Voting for the lessor of two evils is still voting for evil. Next time, go all out and write in Lucifer on the ballot."

~ Jarod Kintz, 99 Cents For Some Nonsense

I created this graphic for the 2008 Presidential Election. It made me smile back then because things seemed fun and exciting, and there was a real passion for voting in America. You could feel it everywhere in the days leading up to, and especially on, Election Day. The news talked about a record turnout in California, and it was true. And while there has been a good bit of malarkey surrounding elections, we don't talk about the 2000 election, or Gore v. Bush in our house, in 2008 it seemed as if the stealing of an election was all but gone from the landscape.

But here we are in 2012, and on American soil more than one American governor, is actively working to make voting in their states historically difficult. Americans denying Americans the most basic of rights is shameful on any level. I voted by Absentee ballot a week ago, and I did so with pride. But shame on me if I hadn't! I am lucky to live in a state that supports its citizens. Not all Americans do. For me to ignore voting, when I know some folks have been waiting in line for hours, if not days, to exercise that same right is morally wrong! So, if you can go vote today, please do.

Vote Democrat
Vote Republican
Vote Green
Vote Independent
Vote Libertarian
Vote Freedom
Vote Whatever Your Conscience Tells You To Vote
Vote In Honor Of Those Who Have Been Denied That Right

JUST VOTE

Okay... done now. One more politically themed post to come, then it's back to our usual fun.

I hope.

I am pretty sure anyway.

;)

~Me :)

PS Here is a link to the FactCheck Awards For for this election season! Go have a look see! You'll LAUGH. You'll CRY. You'll wonder WHY?! WHY? WHY? WHY? LOL.

Go say HI to my pal JR. He is a kind man who puts up with me. He is also a talented photographer! He's AWESOME!

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/11/apadf6-177.html

1 comment:

Janet said...

it's kind of exciting! I hope I wake up tomorrow morning to find my guy has won :-) and that my woman has won, as well. Fingers crossed!