Wednesday, November 07, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 180~ The Sun Goes Down On A Good Day



"There's a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they're absolutely free. Don't miss so many of them"

~Jo Walton

On Monday, Alan and I took the last of our big outings of our vacation for this year, it was an Eco Tour of the San Francisco Bay and tributaries. We have been having record warmth around the bay, and it was one of the most beautiful November days I remember. It's not often that you can go on the bay and not have to bring a sweater or jacket, but yesterday neither was necessary. It was an amazing sight, as we went out past the Golden Gate, to see the porpoises splashing about, and at one point a sea lion poked his head up to say HI! I enjoyed that, but while we were one our way back in, it was the sight of the golden autumn sun setting behind the Golden Gate Bridge that reminded me about just how lucky I am to not just be alive, but to be alive right this moment, and to literally have gold at my feet. If you look at the photo, you will understand why it's called the Golden Gate. This photo doesn't begin to do it justice.

Every new day has the ability to end just like this photo. Its probably not realistic to believe it will, but it's a good thing to HOPE for. The presidential election is all but over as I write this post, and most major news outlets have called the election for President Obama. I have had a real struggle to come to terms with how I felt about things and to be honest, sometimes I just wanted to look away. To not give a shit, to just take the easy way out and hide from it. I tried. It didn't last long. I do care. For a lot of reasons. It's true that the best things are worth fighting for, and how tired you get isn't the point. But the fight, be it resolving a fear, or fighting for the guy next to you, or maybe getting a half way decent photo of a sunset, fought well, will make the beauty of the sun going down on the day you fought much more vivid and colorful and appreciated.

I worked really hard for this photograph. And the exhaustion I am feeling today makes me happy because I didn't give up.

Congratulations President Obama. Thank you for fighting and not giving up!

Thank you God.

Happiness!

~Me :)

 Please drop by and say hello to my friend JR. He is a wonderful photographer! You will discover some magnificent photography! :)

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/

Okay, with today's post I have reached my A Photo A Day For 6 Months goal. So now what? Should we do another 6 months worth, or should we bring back the Monday Photo Shoot? If there is any interest in either project we will move forward no matter the participation.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

jr cline said...

Awesome day! Nothing better than gold at your feet. I don't know exactly how you felt, but I know there are days when I feel similarly. Wonderful!
I loved the sea lions when I lived there.
I'm glad Obama won. Romney represented so much that I felt was 'wrong' in the US.
Congratulations on making it to the end of this project. It's been fun. I'm glad you had this idea.

Here's one last link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/11/apadf6-178.html

Have a great day today too.