"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."-Plato
On Halloween night, at Starbuck's, I saw witches, and a lot of little cowboys, and Snow Whites, but by far my favorite Halloween costume had to be the lady dressed as vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin. She had the character down pat. She had a sash that said "Caribou Barbie" and various political buttons that pretty much explained it all. My personal favorite was the one that said, "Ask Me What The Bush Doctrine Is." Need I say more? Well, probably not, but I will anyway. See, here's the thing. The Halloween costume this lady wore was scarier then any ghoulish, bloody, Frankenstein-ish getup anyone could possibly come up with, because it was a pretty accurate depiction of someone who could very well be the next V.P. of the United States. Sigh. And that is the scariest thought of all.
It shocks me that there is still a percentage of folks who haven't made up their minds about who to vote for, even as we are just two days away from voting. It also shocks me that John McCain can run a campaign that basically played out as an object lesson in how not to run a campaign, and still be doing as well as he is in the polls. Choosing Sarah Palin was probably the worst choice he could have made. It has been LOL funny at times, watching her try to be vice presidential material. It has been amusing to watch the campaign implode from within, and I ask you, if you never hear from "Joe The Plumber" ever again, will you be disappointed? Good Lord, if it weren't all so absurd... it would be, well, scary. Wink Wink.
Opinions, Opinions...
You all know how I feel at this point, but truly, I want to know how you feel before we go to the polls. If you think I am dead wrong... tell me. If you think I am absolutely right... tell me that. If you are still unsure who to vote for, tell me why you still can't decide. What is your number one concern, whether or not you have already made your mind up. Speak up. Tell me what's on your mind!
-Carly
"Wink Baby Wink"
Starbuck's
Castro Valley, California
October 31, 2008
Late Afternoon
