Tuesday, August 12, 2008

So Far The Moon


"The moon, like a flower
In heaven's high bower
With silent delight
Sits and smiles on the night."

-William Blake

So far tonight, all I have captured is the moon. A nearly full Sturgeon moon to be exact. Lovely it is, as is Elvis when he is playing with one of his neighborhood pals. A little while ago, he left my side and walked very slowly up the hill toward the lemon tree, where his newest opossum pal was waiting patiently. A large opossum it was is, I think it might be a lady opossum, and she might be with babies. I haven't learned her name yet, maybe by tomorrow night I will get a proper introduction. You shouldn't rush some things. I think she is feeling shy, because just after they said hello to each other, she climbed back up into the poplar tree. We will make friends soon, I am sure. This is practically a tradition for us you know. Elvis usually introduces me to his opossum pals, on or near the peak night of the Perseids. If the new lady and I don't have a chance to talk tonight, I will leave a bowl of dog food for her, and by the end of the week, we will be old friends. Remember Miss Agatha Pendragon, and her son Ipson? I like the magic that lives in this yard!

Mr. Ipson Pendragon. "IP" to his friends!


-OndineMonet
"The Nearly Full Sturgeon Moon"
Berkeley, California
August 11th, 2008
9:22 PM

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Your world is very interesting :) Somewhere I'd love to visit! Blessings, Teresa

http://journals.aol.com/stetsonsfyre/remembering-to-exhale/

IndigoSunMoon said...

I love the magic in your yard also...but especially the way you describe it!
Connie

Celeste said...

Lovely moon shot. I love your yard. It sounds peaceful. You are the only person I know that makes friends with opossums. I am not fond of them as one almost killed my Buddy.