Saturday, August 09, 2008

Round Robin Challenge: Night Shots

Click on the above photo to see it in a larger version!

"Night, the beloved. Night, when words fade and things come alive. When the destructive analysis of day is done, and all that is truly important becomes whole and sound again. When man resembles his fragmentary self, and grows with the calm of a tree."

-Antonine de Saint Exupery

LOL. Apparently, I control the weather. See, I chose my friend, and RRC teammate Steven's topic, Night Shots, because it's summer, and I thought it would be the most comfortable time of year to tackle the subject, but just after I posted it in the announcement entry, a cold snap hit the Bay Area! LOL. If it hasn't been cold and rainy, then the fog has been a factor! LOL. One night this past week, it actually registered 52 degrees at 9:00 pm! In August!?

So forgive me, but with my bum knee, which I have some news about, and will sharing with you next week, I had to do some looking around in my photo files, for some photos I hadn't posted before. I was delighted to find some that I had previously thought unworthy. It's funny how you can take a picture, just hate it, and go back months, or sometimes years, later and see it in a whole new light. Anyway, here is my contribution for this round. By the way, please click on the black and white photo above, to see it larger. I am rather proud that I could get both the pumpkin and the moon in clear detail.

Night Shots...

A Storm Rolling In

Happy Christmas Bear

Winter at Justin Herman Plaza

A Rainy Night In Berkeley

Coit Tower At Night

The August Moon Over San Francisco

San Francisco Skyline At Christmas

Orange Trees

Be sure to pay a visit to Steven at his blog, (sometimes photoblog) to see what he has for us, and then click on the links below to visit all the participating Robins for this challenge. If you want to join us, there is still plenty of time, just pay a visit to the official Round Robin Challenge blog to get all the details.

Linking List

Steven... (sometimes photoblog) (P)

Carly... Ellipsis (P)

Vicki... Maraca

Gattina... Keyhole Pictures (P)

Karen... Outpost Mavarin (P)

Celeste... C's Life (P)

Jennifer Robin... Robin's Woods (P)

Molly... Return Of The White Robin (P)

-rRose... Wait-Not Yet

Jama Hameed... Sweet Memories (P)

Robinella... Robinella's

T.J. ... TJ's Photo Expressions (P)

Jill... Letting Crazy Take A Spin

Marie... Photographs and Memories

Or... Photographs And Memories Too

Sandra... Strong Chemistry (P)

Annie... Pictures Of Craziness

Gina... Gina's Space (P)

Momma... Sandcastle Momma (P)

Sahvvy... The Instantaneous Exsistence Of Me (P)

-OndineMonet
"Howling At The Moon"
October 31st, 2006
Berkeley, California
Early Evening

11 comments:

Molly said...

Your pumpkin picture is eerily fascinating. Of the others, I like the Rainy Night in Berkeley best, but they are all lovely.

TJ said...

Wow! all are great but I am with molly, that pumkin picture pulled me in!!
Great shots
TJ

Sandcastle Momma said...

Your photos are beautiful! I love the rainy night shots and that pumpkin is incredible but I think my favorite is the orange trees!
Great job!

Sandra said...

Love the rainy night.

Steven said...

Cool. You really do a nice night shot too! I know what you mean by finding "unworthy" photos.

Jan AKA Wammy said...

I love all the shots but my favorite is the pumpkin and the moon. How awesome!

MyMaracas said...

The pumpkin and moon are great, but I agree with most of the others -- the rainy night one is awesome. All that light in the night really made me smile!

Gattina said...

Beautiful night shots, so colorful ! I am glad too to participate, I am again on holidays for a week but this time I stay with friends at the English coast and I can use their computer ! The other weeks I just had an internet connection for an hour !

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Ooh...nice! I especially love the Christmas bear and the rainy night.

Krista Meyer said...

I like the orange trees the best. Very nice shots. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

all are fabulous but my faves are the pumpkin and rainy night...just fabulous!!!
gina