Monday, June 09, 2008

New Monday Photo Shoot # 24: Plastics!

"There is so much plastic in this culture that vinyl leopard skin is becoming an endangered synthetic."

-Lily Tomlin

New Monday Photo Shoot #24: Show us something made of plastic. If it's unusual in some way, so much the better.

-Karen Funk Blocher, of the blog, Outpost Mavarin

When I read what this week's photo shoot topic was, I immediately looked around my desk for PLASTIC objects. To my dismay, I have already featured most of the items on my desk in previous entries. My blood glucose kit is almost exclusively PLASTIC, with the exception of the needle used for the lancets. But what a bummer as a photo subject. I have a PLASTIC bottle of Magic Bubbles on my desk, that could be used, but I kinda had that in mind for an upcoming update entry about Elvis. I have tons of pens, and pins, but nah... BORING! Hmmm... do I own anything PLASTIC that might be considered unusual? I probably do, but nothing was coming to my mind. With my inspiration standing in the blank position, I decided to break for lunch.

As I put the fixings for my noontime meal on a lovely PLASTIC floral tray, it hit me. An idea, not the tray. I realized that most of my Monday lunch was PLASTIC. I was eating a lovely, healthy salad, in a new PLASTIC salad/dessert dish I purchased a couple months ago. As a side dish to my lunch, I was going to have a Motts Strawberry Applesauce, which is served in a lovely PLASTIC container. LOL. Not included in the photo, but which also figured into my PLASTIC lunch were, a fork with a blue PLASTIC handle and PLASTIC bottle of Ocean Spray Cranberry juice. :) So, when you consider that I do check my blood before and after I eat, I would say that 90% of my lunchtime experience today was PLASTIC! I am not really sure if that is a good thing, or a bad thing! LOL. I do know I enjoyed the still life PLASTIC photo shoot experience. :)

"I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They're beautiful. Everybody is plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic."

-Andy Warhol

-OndineMonet
"Plastic Still Life At Lunch"
Berkeley, California
June 8th, 2008
Afternoon

3 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Oh, that's funny, taking a break and it's there in front of you! Looks like a great lunch, too, not least because (as usual for you) it's in a beautifully composed photograph. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll head out for a salad!

Jama said...

Looks like a nice lunch for you.

LKW said...

I like that salad bowl, and what a great place to find plastics when you had stopped looking for them.